Buying your first home can be a considerable challenge. Though the cost of a home may seem intimidating at first, it is possible to get the property of your dreams with a housing grant in Ogden.
A housing grant promotes homeownership by helping first-time home buyers purchase their first property. If you meet all the necessary prerequisites, it is possible to get as much as $5,000 to pay for your down payment or your closing costs.
Wasatch Peaks Credit Union’s expert financial advisors can help determine if you qualify for a housing grant for your Ogden home.
The HomeStart Grant
The HomeStart Grant Program is ideal for new home buyers who are ready to own their first property. A HomeStart Grant can be used for the down payment or your closing costs, combined with other financing sources.
There are several requirements to qualify for a grant:
- You are a first-time home buyer or have not owned a home in the last three years
- Demonstrate that you do not exceed 80-percent of the HUD area median income, as adjusted for your family size.
- Have completed an approved Homebuyer Education course
- Will purchase a home within one year of being enrolled in the program
- Will agree to place a recorded, five-year deed restriction on the home.
Wasatch Peaks Credit Union can help you through the entire grant application process. For more information on our assistance programs, contact us today.