Congrats! It shows that you're serious about managing your money wisely, an important first step to financial responsibility. Because life takes money, an account from Wasatch Peaks can help you learn ways to build wealth, maintain it, and use the tools to reach your financial goals.
You can open a Savings Account with just $25! (Must have a qualifying adult as joint account holder if member is under age 18)
Free Checking Account
Our Free Checking Account is exactly that FREE!
- Must have a qualifying adult as joint account holder if member is under age 18
- No monthly service fee
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Free e-statements
- Free Visa Debit Checking Card
- Unlimited check writing
- No minimum deposit to open
Credit Card (18+)
First Time Auto Buyer Program
Are you ready to buy your first car? We can help!
Introducing Wasatch Peaks Credit Union's new First Time Auto Buyer Program. If you have any questions, call or visit one of our Loan Officers to get pre-approved before you start shopping.
To qualify you must be:
- Between the ages of 18-25
- Employed with the same employer for at least 6 months
- Meet current debt-to-income ratios
- Not have financed an auto in your name before
- No derogatory credit
Terms of the Loan:
- Loan value of $10,000 or less
- Interest rate will be at the current C rate
- Term of loan will depend on year of auto
- Loan-to-value not to exceed 85%
- No co-maker required
Tips For First-Time Car Buyers
- Slow Down! Don't think you have to spend a fortune to get a good car.
- Never buy your car on your first visit. All dealerships want to sell to you the first time you visit them.
- If your first car is going to also be your first major credit experience, don't blow it!
- Never buy a used car without having it checked out by a mechanic.
- Never buy a vehicle without checking out the cost of collision and liability insurance before you buy it.
- Research your options.
- Talk to us before you shop.